- It’s just doing them a favor
- We’ll have to deal with emotional outbursts
- They are unreliable
- We will have to provide transportation
- They might have medications management problems
- We will have to keep them even if they don’t work out
- IDD employees have a stronger work ethic and appreciation for the company that hired them.
- IDD people are not addicts.
- People with IDD are friendly and non-violent.
- We all suppress emotions and can outburst emotionally. Thus, we recover and keep working.
- IDD employees are more dedicated and reliable than other workers.
- They are NOT unstable; in fact, they hold jobs for a longer time than other employees.
- Most People with IDD have guardians or family members that control/supply their medications.